Advanced Refresher Course
Roadsafe’s Advanced Refresher Course is designed for riders wanting to improve their skills and confidence on road.
Recommended as the next step in upskilling after getting your learner license, and in preparation for your restricted and full license practical tests.
Great for riders with years of experience riding on road but with no formal training, and awesome for those returning to riding wanting a refresher.
This course will provide you with additional practical riding skills, focuses on identifying and dealing with hazards, and how to anticipate and avoid the unexpected. Improve your cornering confidence, and learn how attitude and concentration affect your riding.
You will learn:
- the importance of good riding position for balance and control
- to fine tune your higher speed braking skills
- the effects of counter steering and how to avoid those obstacles on the road
- open road cornering techniques, and how far you can lean your bike
- the effect that carrying a pillion has on the handling of your bike
- a system of motorcycle control, showing you how to anticipate and avoid the unexpected
- how to determine the best place to position yourself on the road
- how to identify and deal with hazards
- strategies for coping with different riding conditions and situations
- to increase your situational awareness and confidence in traffic
- how to 'think' yourself to a safer riding career!
This course includes DVD’s, group discussion, practical riding exercises, and an on-road ride.